Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Temperature in February 2011/1/28 16:04
I will be in Tokyo next week (Friday 4th Feb) for a week. How is the temperature esp during the day time?

Will it still be cold? Are winter clothes required day and night?

TQ
by alex (guest)  

Tokyo weather 2011/1/28 16:58
Here's a link to the weather forecast for the next few days.

http://www.jma.go.jp/en/week/319.html

Hope it helps.
by muncher (guest) rate this post as useful

Still winter 2011/1/28 22:08
It can depend on your definition of cold, but it is still mid-winter, so basically, yes, it will still be cold. I think next week is forecast to be relatively warm (i.e. maximum temps of 12 deg C instead of 7 like this week), but you still need a warm coat and sweater, and gloves and a scarf for the morning and evening when the temp is usually around 7 deg.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

Tq 2011/1/29 12:12
thank you for the feedback....for me coming from the tropics, i guess 12-13c is still cold for me...haha
by Alex (guest) rate this post as useful

closer to 0 than 7 2011/1/29 15:04
I meant to say above actually that the morning and evening temps are closer to 0 deg C rather than 7, so bring a hat and more warm clothes if you are planning to be outside much at those times.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2011/1/29 15:24
You need to consider the wind chill factors, too. Tokyo in winter can get very windy. Even if the temperature is not that low, you may feel very cold if it's windy.
by Tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

Thank you 2011/1/29 22:10
Thank you all for your reply and info. Im looking forward to the trip.
by Alex (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread