Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Accomodation in Osaka 2011/2/2 00:18
Hey everyone,
since I am going to stay in Osaka for a while, starting in April ( I know I am late as I always am -_-) I wanted to ask if someone knows a cheap guest house. I don't need some fancy room or something like this. Just a place where I can sleep and maybe have Internet for my notebook. Anybody has some experience and/ or recommendations for me?
about 30.000 to 40.000 Yen per moth would be great, if this is even possible.

Benjamin
by Benjamin423  

. 2011/2/2 07:49
I doubt you could find a private room with WiFi for 30,000-40,000 Yen, even in the cheapest area of Osaka. You might want to take a look at the Chuo group, they have several hotels near Dobutsuenmae station in south Osaka:

http://www.chuogroup.jp/en/hotel/hotel-ochuo.html

Their Hotel Raizan Minamikan look like the best deal, the monthly rate is 54,000 Yen for English style room, 51,000 Yen for Japanese style room: Free WiFi, AirCon, TV, VCR, fridge in room.

http://www.chuogroup.jp/minami/raizan-english/room.html

I have stayed at the Chuo Osasis and was very happy with the hotel.
by RobBeer (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks 2011/2/4 05:23
Thank you very much!
This is quite expensieve, but I should be good for a few months. And since my Visum allows me to get work to fill up my stash, I will need to really utilze it.
Again, thank you for your help.
If someone else has something to say, please do so.
by Benjamin423 rate this post as useful

. 2011/2/4 05:44
You think that's expensive? 50000 yen is ridiculously cheap.
by Hmm (guest) rate this post as useful

Yeah 2011/2/5 04:16
Yes, I do know that Japan is pretty expensieve and that 50.000 Yen is a pretty good price.
Especially since the Euro is so weak at this moment. two and a ahlf years ago or somethign like this, I would have been happy with even 60.000 to 80.000 Yen per month. (about 320 to 440€). Now 55.000 Yen is about 480€.
Time has changed. Thats the only reason :D
And I do believe, if I can find some work, it will not be any problem at all to pay my rent :)

Thanks anyways.

. 2011/2/5 12:58
My rent in Osaka was 300,000 Yen a month! Thankfully my company paid it. It was a 2LDK and not real big. 50000 is cheap.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2011/2/5 18:35
@Benjamin423: I am at a loss to understand what you are basing your facts on when you say that 51,000-54,000 Yen is a lot of money for accomodation. I see from your profile that you are from Germany, the equivalent German city to Osaka would be Munich (both 3rd largest city in each country).

I tried online to find a room in Germany for around 16 Euro a night and failed, that price would have got a bed in a dorm, but not a private room. Also, you would never find a room for that price in Germany with air conditioning and a fridge, I believe both of which you will be glad of by July.

. 2011/2/5 20:20
I don't want to start a discussion here. Neither did I ask you, to understand me.
I just wanted you to help me. Which you have done, and I do thank you a lot for this.
Just for it to be said. I just turned 21, finished my "Abitur". Before attending an Unviversity, I wanted to fulfill my dream to be abroad for a longer time, so I am working a bit part time right now, to get some starting money. So... I have never paid any rent before, since I am living with my parents right now. This would be my first time. Maybe you can understand, that this is a huge amounf of money (for me) that I have to suddenly pay. Just consider this ;)

. 2011/2/6 04:58
Hi Benjamin,

Sorry if you thought I was having a go at you, just trying to point out that not only is 51,000-54,000 Yen a great price for Japan, but that it would be impossible to find anything that cheap in your own country with those amenities.

reply to this thread