Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Pass ok if visit less than 10 days? 2011/2/4 01:49
I'm visiting Japan this spring and am trying to figure out if I'm eligible for a JR Pass or not. I know that I need ''Temporary Status'' to be eligible. The rules on the site state: '' 'Temporary Visitor' '' entry status, according to Japanese Immigration Law, allows a stay in Japan of 15 days or 90 days for '' ' sight-seeing, etc.' '', and the legal language seems to read, ''There are three periods of stay permitted under temporary visitor status: 90 days, 30 days and 15 days.''

Does this mean you have to stay in Japan at least 15 days to be able to get Temporary Visitor status, and therefore to be eligible for the JR Pass?

Thank you!
by JMPH  

... 2011/2/4 07:31
Does this mean you have to stay in Japan at least 15 days to be able to get Temporary Visitor status, and therefore to be eligible for the JR Pass?

No. 15 and 90 are just the maximum amounts of days that you are allowed to stay. Most people stay less than the maximum number of days.

The only condition for being able to use a Japan Rail Pass is that you enter as a "temporary visitor". It does not matter how many days you stay.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2011/2/4 11:21
Since you are from the US, you can stay 90 days just on your passport alone. No need to get a visa of any sort. The only stipulation is that you have a return ticket (airline) within that period.
by geogeek1 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread