Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Osaka to Kumano Nachi Taisha trip 2011/2/4 20:12
Refer to: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4955.html

Q1: Is that a direct JR line from Wakayama Station to Nachi Station? or I have to transfer to another station?

Q2: from Q1: if it is a direct line, what is the name of that line? Is it "Kisei Line" ?

Q3: from Q1: That line is valid for JR Pass?

Realy thanks for your help
by psnui  

... 2011/2/5 10:00
Is that a direct JR line from Wakayama Station to Nachi Station? or I have to transfer to another station?

No, Nachi Station cannot be reached by direct train. But there are direct limited express trains every two hours between Wakayama and Kii-Katsuura Station, from where you can catch the bus to the shrine:
http://www.hyperdia.com/cgi/en/intervaltime.html?dep_node=WAKAYAMA&arv...

from Q1: if it is a direct line, what is the name of that line? Is it "Kisei Line" ?

Yes, the name of the line is Kisei Line.

from Q1: That line is valid for JR Pass?

All trains along the Kisei Line are fully covered by the Japan Rail Pass.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Really thanks for your answer 2011/2/5 14:37
Really thanks for your answer
by psnui rate this post as useful

bus to Kumano Nachi Taisha 2011/2/5 15:22
To go to Kumano Nachi Taisha and Nachi-no-taki, take JR to Kii-Katsuura and take the bus from there. Though the bus journey is shorter from Nachi station, you need to take the same bus and it is likely you can't get a seat if you board from Nachi. The bus starts from Kii-Katsuura and the bus terminal is just across the street on the left as you exit the JR station.
by William5 rate this post as useful

Thk 2011/2/5 15:56
Dear William5
Really thanks for your answer

My Question 2011/2/5 16:11
Dear Uji

I've try to search the schedule at http://www.hyperdia.com by enter:
To:KIIKATSUURA
Date: April 10, 2011
Time: 1 Am (Starting I don't sure)
Type: Departure

For the result: the train doen't have a fix schedule for everyday

For my questions:
Q1: What does it mean for "Type" (Departure, Arrive and Average). Because it look the same for me.
If I really want to know the first train of that day from "Wakayama" to "Kii Katsuura" and if I want
to get back to "Wakayama". What am I suppose to select?

Q2: How can I select the schedule like you by showing a table and all name of train with schedult

Thanks in advance
(Sorry for asking a bit stupid question coz this is my first to visit Japan)

... 2011/2/5 16:30
What does it mean for "Type" (Departure, Arrive and Average). Because it look the same for me.

You can specify if the entered time is interpreted as arrival time or departure time. Accordingly, you will get different results.

If I really want to know the first train of that day from "Wakayama" to "Kii Katsuura" and if I want
to get back to "Wakayama". What am I suppose to select?

The first connection of the day can be found out by selecting a departure time in the middle of the night, e.g. 3am.

How can I select the schedule like you by showing a table and all name of train with schedult

By doing a search and then clicking on the "Interval timetable" link.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread