Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Which is the Toyota Museum to visit 2011/2/6 00:15
Hi

In nagoya, there are 2 toyota museum ..
Toyota Kaikan Museum
Toyota Techno Museum
Toyota Automobile Museum

I want to mainly see the famous toyota production system , may I knoew which is the right one to visit?

how can I travel from nagoya station to that museum

Tks a lot
by moomoo88  

... 2011/2/6 08:02
The production system is explained at the Toyota Techno Museum. And tours of the actual museum start from the Toyota Kaikan, which is located in the headquarters of Toyota.

The Toyota Automobile Museum, on the other hand, only exhibits vehicles.

how can I travel from nagoya station to that museum

It is explained here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3308.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Factory 2011/2/6 10:57
Uji wrote:-
And tours of the actual museum start from the Toyota Kaikan, which is located in the headquarters of Toyota.

I think this should read "tours of the actual *factory* start from Toyota Kaikan..."

If you want to see the real, operating Toyota production line then you need to go to Toyota Kaikan and take a factory plant tour.

There are various different factories and the tour will go to one of the operating factories as scheduled. This varies depending on the time of the year/month. Last year, we were taken to the Motomachi Plant and saw the assembly line there and also the Welding Plant at Motomachi with all the robots welding which was very impressive.

Note that it is not trivial to get to Toyota from Nagoya, but if you follow the directions from Toyota/Japan-guide you should be fine. I'd allow some extra time in case you make a mistake, as the tour starts by bus from Toyota Kaikan and if you are late then you can't go on the tour.

We went to all three places listed above and they were all worth a visit.

Enjoy your trip!

by GC3 rate this post as useful

... 2011/2/6 12:21
Thank you for the correction!
by Uji rate this post as useful

Toyota Kaikan ? where to register? 2011/2/7 15:30
hi ...

allow me to confirm my understanding...
to join the plant tour for toyota production system , i should arrive at Toyota Kaikan (and not the other 2 museums) , and someone from toyota will bring us physically to another factory for a tour?

May I know where can i register this tour and how long is the tour typically?

tks fofr your advice!
by moomoo88 rate this post as useful

... 2011/2/7 16:08
allow me to confirm my understanding...
to join the plant tour for toyota production system , i should arrive at Toyota Kaikan (and not the other 2 museums) , and someone from toyota will bring us physically to another factory for a tour?

May I know where can i register this tour and how long is the tour typically?

Correct. It is all detailed in the link that Uji posted above:-
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3308.html

Basically you have to register for a tour on your desired date (up to 3 months in advance) at the Toyota website:-
https://www.toyota.co.jp/en/about_toyota/facility/toyota_kaikan/plant_...

You have to be at Toyota Kaikan at 10:30am, it takes roughly 90 minutes from Nagoya to get there (Download and print out the maps). I'd allow two hours just in case:-
https://www.toyota.co.jp/en/about_toyota/facility/toyota_kaikan/access...

The Plant Tour departs on a bus from Toyota Kaikan at 11am. They will take you to one of the twelve factories around the city (There is no factory at Toyota Kaikan, just a small museum).

Once you have finished the tour of the plant/factory they will take you by bus back to Toyota Kaikan. The tour ends at 1pm. So you could be back in Nagoya by around 2:30pm.

There are free (small) lockers for mobile phones and cameras at Toyota Kaikan. You can take photos at Toyota Kaikan but you cannot take photos (or cameras) on the plant tour.

There is a nice cafe downstairs in Toyota Kaikan where you can get a drink/lunch after the tour finishes.

Hope this clarifies everything!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread