Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Optimising Japan Rail Pass 2011/2/7 16:30
Pls help me to optimise my 14 day Japan Rail Pass for my last leg from Hiroshima to Narita Airport. I am catching a flight at 650 pm on 14 April,

Also i plan to spend 2 days in Takayama and on the 2nd day, i will like to visit Shirakawago. Pls advise me how do i travel to Shirakawago from Takayma and back. Is it worthwhile for me to stay in Shirakawago or return to Takayama for the night before heading to kyoto on the next morning.
by kc and the sunshine band  

to Shirakawago from Takayma 2011/2/7 17:53
by oscar (guest) rate this post as useful

Kanazawa 2011/2/7 19:31
We visited Shirakawago and Takayama and elected to go via Kanazawa. We caught the train from Osaka to Kanazawa using the JR Pass. Visited Kenrokuen Garden in Kanazawa and spent the night in a nice Ryokan. The following morning we caught the 8:45am bus from Kanazawa to Shirakawago, spent a few hours visiting the museum area and wandering through town and up to the lookout point, then caught the 2pm bus from Shirakawago to Takayama.

The bus is the only way to access Shirakawago using public transport and although you can't use the JR pass it is slightly cheaper to visit from Kanazawa, compared to Takayama.

Enjoy your trip!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread