Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Transportation - Tokyo to Fukuoka 2011/3/7 14:25
I have a group of 42 persons who need to get to Fukuoka from Tokyo on August 6th.... trying to keep the price around $130 or 10,000 yen per person....Ideas welcome !
by coachwilson  

skymark 2011/3/7 14:46
Check out Skymark airlines. They have discount fares as low as 10000 yen one way between Haneda and Fukuoka when purchased at least 28 days in advance. I'm not sure how many seats are available at that fare on each flight though.

http://www.skymark.jp/en/
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Another possibility... 2011/3/7 14:58
by geogeek1 rate this post as useful

japan air passes 2011/3/7 15:08
For some reason it didn't occur to me that you may be a visitor (rather than a resident) in which case the Star Alliance or Oneworld air passes that geogeek1 mentioned would be a better option. Note that you have to be a temporary visitor that flys in on one of the Star Alliance or Oneworld member airlines to be eligible for the discount air passes..

Otherwise, consider Skymark, JAL or ANA, which offer discount fares from 10000 yen one way when purchased in advance.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

... 2011/3/7 19:51
August 6th falls into the peak of summer holidays and falls into the blackout date range for air passes. Furthermore, I believe that there is a limit for air pass users per plane and the limit is likely lower than 42.

I recommend to contact the airlines directly for consultation: JAL, ANA, Skymark and Starflyer
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2011/3/7 23:03
I'm not sure if this will work or not, but apparently you could use the bus pass from Tokyo to Nagoya, then Nagoya to Fukuoka for 10,000 yen.

Just checked out the site and it looks as though you can only book a maximum of 9 seats at a time.

http://willerexpress.com/bus/pc/3/top/?aid=184

You may want to call or email them.

Reservation and Inquiries
050-5805-0383
*From outside Japan:81-50-5805-0383
Business Hours:
[English/Korean]10:00`14:00 Mon. - Fri.
Email:en-info@willer.co.jp

Starflyer / Skymark 2011/3/8 02:40
I have been on the Starflyer website and it is all Japanese...I also tried to do the translated version, bit it still is japanese, so where you need to type in your information, I cant make it out.
Skymark seems to be a good option, but they only go 60 days out from your departure date. So we will have to wait until June 6th to try to buy our seats.
by coachwilson rate this post as useful

... 2011/3/8 04:15
Unfortunately, StarFlyer does not fly to Fukuoka. I checked out the SkyMark website and unless you are one of the first persons 60 days out to make the reservations, your chances of getting the lowest fare are pretty low.

ANA and JAL discount fares are blacked out due to the holiday season on August 6.

... 2011/3/8 05:44
Unfortunately, StarFlyer does not fly to Fukuoka.

They will from July 2011.
by Uji rate this post as useful

the cheapest is to charter the bus. 2011/3/8 08:01
It cost about 60000 yen by bus that can get on by 50 people.About 2000 yen or less for one person.
However, it takes ten hours.
by yasu0513 rate this post as useful

@yasu0513 .....Bus information 2011/3/11 01:16
yasu0513.......could you tell me the information for the bus company that we could get a bus from for that price and who will take the group from Tokyo to Fukuoka for 42 persons. Thank you.
by coachwilson rate this post as useful

reply to this thread