Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sort out visit-Takayama 2011/3/10 18:03
Perhaps someone can help me sort out the best way to do this:
I hope to visit Takayama and then to Shirakawago and also to Hirayu-no-mori onsen.Afterwhich I am off to Kanazawa.
Should I just stay one night at each (Takayama,Shirakawago ,Hirayu onsen) or should I just stay in Takayama hotel and go to each place each day.Then leave for kanazawa.Thank you.
by lengsan (guest)  

... 2011/3/10 18:53
Hirayu no mori is roughly one hour east of Takayama.
Shirakawago is roughly 50 minutes west of Takayama.
Kanazawa is roughly 75 minutes west of Shirakawago

Up to you if you want to overnight in Hirayu no mori or if you just want to do it as a day trip from Takayama.

Also, up to you if you want to overnight in Shirakawago or not.

I would do Takayama - Hirayu - Takayama - Shirakawago - Kanazawa, all by Nohi bus.

You have to decide where you want to spend then nights I guess. I'd probably do Takayama, Hirayu, Shirakawago, Kanazawa spending a night at each. Or two nights in Takayama and just do a day trip to Hirayu.

If you have no interest in spending a night in Shirakawago you can see most of it if you leave Takayama on an early (8:30am) bus and then leave Shirakawago on a 3pm bus for Kanazawa. Shirakawago is small. Of course, many people highly rate the experience of staying in a Gassho Zukuri.

Enjoy your trip!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Takayama-nohi bus 2011/3/12 18:29
Can someone help me read the bus guide for its route and fares ; how I can get from Takayama to Hirayu-no-mori and leaving from Hirayu-no-mori for Shirakawago from there? Thank you.
by lengsan (guest) rate this post as useful

......... 2011/3/14 09:59
This is the English web link for Nohi bus between the places u mentioned. Just click on the place name and see the buses to & from it. Also note the valued passes available if u are travelling around the region for a few days.

http://www.nouhibus.co.jp/english/index.html
by CYC (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread