Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 28

1 2
next

thinking of you 2011/3/11 15:45
Just hoping all Japanguide staff, and Japan residents on the forum who are so helpful with their advice, are safe, and have safe family, after the 8.8 earthquake and tsunami.
Thinking of you all
by fmj  

me too 2011/3/11 17:22
My prayers to everybody in Japan.
Hang in there guys, Ganbare!!
by hkmc (guest) rate this post as useful

me too 2011/3/11 17:30
Shocking stuff. We got back from our most recent trip yesterday, most of which was in Tokyo and Tohoku region. It's scary and heartbreaking. We love Japan and you're in our thoughts.
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Me too (+link to TV stream) 2011/3/11 18:13
My thought go to all the people on this forum that live in Japan or have relatives living in Japan. Strength and the best of luck.
Note There are a lot of streams of live TV broadcasting on the internet. Just in case you want to follow. Here is one: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jboyjapan

B. Slager
by B Slager (guest) rate this post as useful

let's hope for the best 2011/3/11 18:22
Shocking news. I hope the damage can be controlled as much as possible and as many lives as possible can be saved. Again, if anyone has info on how to contact Japan feel free to send me e-mail, also if you have any information on the situation in and around Tokyo (my girlfriend's family lives at Nerima) feel free to mail me: dennis_e1989@hotmail.com, so far I was not able to reach them.

The latest news:
- Shocks are still being felt in Tokyo
- Public transport system is completely shutdown.
- Love hotels and capsule hotels are opening their doors for stranded citizens.
- Evacuations are over the pacific rim.
- All nuclear plants have been closed.
- More wounded and deaths are being reported, but none officially verified (official death count: 8 so far).
by Dutchman (guest) rate this post as useful

Thoughts in prayer. 2011/3/11 18:25
Our prayers go out to those in Japan, especially those around the areas that were badly affected. We are thinking about those who lost their homes and lives. Do not give up hope and stay strong.
by Bloom8 rate this post as useful

From one resident in Tokyo 2011/3/11 18:28
Dutchman,

I live near Nerima-ku (the ward immediately next to that ward). The quakes were pretty strong and lasted long, and still I can feel small tremors now.

I believe that all trains and subways are stopped, and phone lines are near impossible. People are encouraged to stay in their offices rather than trying to go home through crowded streets. But I assure you that I have not heard of any major building/road damage in this northwestern part of Tokyo. One fire broke out in our neighborhood but it was put out soon. Take care.
by AK rate this post as useful

wow!! 2011/3/11 18:38
http://www.japan-guide.com/news/0018.html
you guys are amazing: keeping on working through all this. WELL DONE!! Look after yourselves and your families.
by fmj rate this post as useful

daijoubu? 2011/3/11 18:57
I hope everyone is alright out there! You are all in my prayers
by deepop rate this post as useful

Heart goes out 2011/3/11 19:08
My heart goes out to everyone and I hope the families and friends of those affected will be reunited.
by calcmandan rate this post as useful

Japanese People are so calm... 2011/3/11 19:20
It's my 5th day here in Shinjuku, Tokyo and I get hit with an 8.9 earthquake. Bad weather always seems to follow me when I go somewhere, but this was too crazy.

One thing I noticed was that Japanese people seems to be pretty calm. I really liked that.

I just hope not too many people got hurt during this horrific ordeal. I know I'm safe, so my prayers go out to everyone here in Japan.
by ikc102 (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2011/3/11 19:20
Shocking news - hope all of you guys doing well in Japan !!
by Luebzer rate this post as useful

thanks AK! 2011/3/11 19:26
@ AK, thanks for the information. I just now spoke to my gf on the phone, she told me that she was at a clinic at the time of the shocks and that she saw a doctor continuing treating a patient for a while after the shocks had already begun. It seems like small earthshocks arent really an issue for Japanese at all. Only when the shocks continued longer and longer did he decide to evacuate the building.

by Dutchman (guest) rate this post as useful

My thoughts and hopes are with you 2011/3/11 20:23
To everyone in japan,

It is with horror that I am watching the deverstation that is tearing though your beautiful county.

I pray for your safety and I am weeping for your dead. I hope that the worse is over and you will all be safe.

In my thoughts always.
Becky x
by Citygirl27 rate this post as useful

me too 2011/3/11 20:46
"Our prayers go out to those in Japan, especially those around the areas that were badly affected. We are thinking about those who lost their homes and lives. Do not give up hope and stay strong. "

Ditto Bloom8, what a terrible event!
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Wish everyone safe 2011/3/11 23:09
We shall pray for all the people suffering in this quake.

Hope everyone safe.
by Chris (guest) rate this post as useful

our thoughts are with you 2011/3/12 00:10
What a horrible day! Our thoughts and good wishes are with everyone in Japan. Stay safe and hang on!
by inkheart rate this post as useful

I hope everyone's okay. 2011/3/12 00:33
yeah, I hope everyone there's alright too. My prayers are with you!
by Trifle (guest) rate this post as useful

Thoughts are with you 2011/3/12 00:52
I'm absolutely shocked to hear all this .My thoughts go out to all that are affected , hang on in there guy's :)
by red faction rate this post as useful

Devastating 2011/3/12 01:22
My thoughts go out to the people of Japan, hope everyone is safe in their areas
by JohnHolmes rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 28

1 2
next

reply to this thread