Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travel to Tokyo then to Kagoshima 2011/3/14 01:14
My family and I will be visiting Japan from 3/16 to 3/26. We are flying to Tokyo then traveling by rail to Kagoshima. We will stay in Tokyo 3/24-3/26. One companion is in a wheelchair. Travel should be safe to Kagoshima - I know the railroads are open. I am worried about Tokyo to Narita - are the highways open? The train is open right? Should I cancel my trip? We are traveling with 4 children - one wheelchair.
by Visiting (guest)  

Tokyo and Kagoshima 2011/3/14 09:12
Visiting,

I would say that travelling to or through Tokyo this week is a bad idea - especially if you are accompanying someone in a wheelchair. There is still a lot of uncertainty as to whether the planned power cuts will actually materialize, but train services in the Tokyo area have been cut back heavily since first thing this morning (Monday) to save electricity, so it could be difficult and stressful trying to travel into Tokyo from Narita Airport to catch trains onwards to Kagoshima.
It's painful to have to say this, but I would recommend that you seriously consider cancelling your trip.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread