Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo 2-14 April 2011 2011/3/14 06:04
I have a holiday planned. I am staying in Jimbocho and plan to explore the central parts of tokyo. I am going to do most of it on foot. What I am wondering is with the blackouts being planned, whether the subways will be operating in the blackout time. I am not a nervous traveller and am used to electricity cuts. And also I want to know whether the airport limousine bus to tokyo dome is operating, in case of train difficulties.
by Victoria P (guest)  

... 2011/3/14 13:45
It is currently impossible to say how long the blackouts will continue.

What I am wondering is with the blackouts being planned, whether the subways will be operating in the blackout time.

Some run normally, some run at reduced schedule, some stop temporarily, some stop the entire day. It might take more time than usually, but within central Tokyo you should usually be able to get from A to B. The same is true for travel between Tokyo and Narita.

And also I want to know whether the airport limousine bus to tokyo dome is operating, in case of train difficulties.

So far, trains have been more reliable than limousine buses, but that might change by the time you arrive in Tokyo. Difficult to predict.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread