Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Unzen Ropeway 2011/3/15 08:55
Hi Forum,

I hope it isnft impious to ask a question for trip-preparations under the current circumstances in Japan. But how you guys, I wish that all etake a turn for the betterf – as far as you can name it so...

Whatfs referring to my question: I would like to make a day-trip from Nagasaki to Mt.Unzen, via Shimabara-Station. Is this the correct bus schedule with stopover eUnzen Ropewayf?

http://www.shimatetsu.co.jp/bus/busjikoku/bust02.htm

But strangely I havenft found the Kanjis which stands for Unzen Ropeway ? ?

By the way are there any hiking-trails on the summit? Any suggestions where I can find a map for these trails in Internet?

Thank you very much
by Luebzer (guest)  

... 2011/3/15 12:44
I think it is refreshing to have regular travel questions. Life must go on. And tourism will help Japan doing so.

The closest bus station to the ropeway seems to be m“c“». The bus linked does not stop there. The closest stop there is Unzen (‰_å). I am not entirely sure how to proceed from Unzen to m“c“». The official ropeway page mentions both a bus (25 minutes) and taxi (15 minutes).

Also, I am not familiar with the hiking trail situation.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2011/3/15 18:13
Thank you so much Uji. I appraciate your advices. But to be honest: The hourly news from Japan makes me insecure like the others here too. Although I planned to visit Japan only in September / October my considerations and doubts growing. Luckily I'm in the situation to have still few weeks / month to follow the situation...
by Luebzer rate this post as useful

reply to this thread