Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How's the Harajuku cosplay scene now? 2011/5/3 14:26
I'll be in Tokyo next week, was wondering how the scene is now. To catch gothy stuff and cosplayers, would saturday or sunday be better, and is the peak timing for this?

2 years ago I went to the Harajuku bridge at 11 am on a sunday, stayed till 1 pm and saw just 2 or 3 visual kei cosplayers, so I went off. And when I reached Akihabara, it was much much livelier with street performers and cosplayers all over the place just outside the JR station.
by Saus (guest)  

. 2011/5/4 07:11
Harajuku is nowhere near as busy as it used to be when it comes to people dressed up in cosplay and home-made dressers on the bridge. That said, it depends a lot on the weather and time of year, and it can get quite busy sometimes, but nowhere near the levels it was years ago.

Now that the streets are being closed in Akihabara on Sundays again, it is much busier there, but again, nowhere near as outrageous as it was before the murders.
by Hmm (guest) rate this post as useful

why? 2011/5/4 15:47
Why are the akihabara streets being closed again?
by Saus (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2011/5/4 16:25
Closed to traffic.
by Hmm (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread