Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

UFO Catchers & ArPakasso 2011/5/24 20:09
Hello~

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this.

I'm in love with those darn ArPakasso Alpaca plush that you can get in the UFO Catchers in Japan.
I'd love to get one while I'm visiting, but my questions are these:

1) Where near Shinjuku is there a machine I can attempt to win one at?
2) I've heard you can buy them at second hand stores, or something. Where would that be?

Thank you for reading :']
by Beann  

. 2011/5/25 11:10
Such as these?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sallysherwood/5756497189/in/photostream

That was at Taito Station Asakusa (http://www.taito.com/gc/shoplist_en.html#07). Their games were all 100 yen when we were there in early March too. We defeated the Deadstorm Pirates (arrrr) nice and cheaply at that price.
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

. 2011/5/25 16:54
Those are the darling little things ;0;

Thank you for that. Do they have them at all of the locations listed on that site? ;0;
by Beann rate this post as useful

. 2011/5/25 20:25
I'm not sure, sorry. We may have seen them in other places but the ones at Asakusa got our attention. You may face 200 yen charges at other Taito Stations, especially in Akihabara.
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Place in Shibuya! 2011/5/29 14:10
Hi! I just picked up a mountain of those cute Arpakasso plush (and other goods) at Shibuya, down a road called SakuraDoori. There are tooons of UFO catchers in Shibuya, but there's a particular UFO catcher place on this street that makes them very easy to catch. VERY easy, and the staff is overly helpful. It's the second UFO catcher arcade on the righthand side. Enjoy! Hope they're still positioned easily for you as they were for me.
by Laura (guest) rate this post as useful

Direct buy 2011/5/29 14:11
Also, if you go into Nakano Broadway mall, I believe on the 2nd floor, there is a store that sells Arpakasso dolls directly. I paid about 1650 yen for one of the two-foot-long Arpakasso plush.
by Laura (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2011/5/29 17:52
Thanks so much for the replies.

I'm relieved to know that if I can't manage to win one then I can definitely buy one :'3

Where is Sakura Doori? 2011/5/30 17:54
@Laura

I'm having trouble finding SakuraDoori, any idea how to get there from the station or anything like that?

Sorry

reply to this thread