Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto autumn Illumination 2011 2011/6/3 00:36
can anyone advise when will 2011 Kyoto autumn illuminations schedule be out, and i supposed it will be slightly different from the 2010 schedule listed in japan guide? any weblink that i can check this?

thanks
by leeks (guest)  

... 2011/6/3 12:45
I can't answer your question but just wanted to mention that we went to them last year and really enjoyed it! Eikando, Kodaiji, and Kiyomizudera were all great, just be prepared to queue for quite a while if you want to enter when the illuminations start! We waited for around an hour at Eikando but it was well worth the wait. If you go later in the evening (say, an hour before closing time) the queues are obviously shorter.

Enjoy your trip!

by GC3 rate this post as useful

Kodaiji 2011/6/3 21:31
We went to the illumination at Kodaiji and it was amazing: the bamboo forest was really something, and unexpected after the autumn colours: absolutely ethereal
We started at Pontoncho at dusk, and then walked through Gion and Yasaka Shrine and went straight into Kodaiji: it was crowded, but moved well, and SO worthwhile.
Enjoy.
by fmj rate this post as useful

reply to this thread