Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cheap place to stay in Akita? 2011/6/9 12:15
Hi,

We're planning to go to Akita for the Kanto Matsuri during August, but right now we are already having difficult time looking for place to stay there, particularly that Saturday (aug 6).

I am only familiar with Toyoko Inn chain of hotels, and the one in Akita is already booked out. Do you have other recommendations, preferably near Akita train station? Preferably knows a little English, but this is not a necessity :)

Thank you!
by terry (guest)  

Dormy Inn 2011/6/9 13:40
Dormy Inn may cost slightly more than Toyoko Inn but they have spa for a relaxing dip after a day long sightseeing and is worth considering.

http://www.japanican.com/hotels/shisetsudetail.aspx?st=2209093&ref=dor...

by William5 rate this post as useful

nothing? 2011/6/9 21:41
nothing comes out when I search August... Does this mean is its already booked?
by terry (guest) rate this post as useful

Dormy Inn Akita 2011/6/9 22:53
Not surprising to hear that rooms are book up for the Kanto Matsuri which is less than 2 months from now. A check on the Rakuten site shows rooms are only available after Aug 21

http://web.travel.rakuten.co.jp/portal/my/en_jyouhou_page.main?f_no=50...
by William5 rate this post as useful

kanto matsuri 2011/6/10 09:33
It's a little late to book rooms in central Akita City for the Kanto Matsuri which tend to book out very quickly once reservations open. You do have a few options however. Try looking for hotels outside the city city but nearby enough that you could take the train or taxi to the festival. Or consider a tour package which will be more expensive but may still have openings.

If you don't mind the risk you can always stalk the Toyoko Inn reservation website and try to snatch up a cancellation. I've done that successfully before for other locations, but its a long shot. Or check the hotel websites again just before the festival starts, which is when the travel agents release back to the hotels the rooms that they were unable to sell. Often times you find rooms opening up just a few days before popular events/festivals due to this phenomenon.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread