Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travel options to Amanohashidate 2011/6/19 03:17
Can I use seishun 18 kippu as a JR rail pass to amanohashidate? I understand that if you use your JR pass to Amanohashidate you have to pay only a supplementary fee of 1480 yen if using a limited express train, so then can the seishun 18 kippu be used also as a ''JR rail pass'' and just pay the supplementary fee? I will be traveling from Kyoto to Amanohashidate in one day and I am trying find other options to where I don't have to pay the 80Y for both ways.
by Grace (guest)  

... 2011/6/21 07:46
Can I use seishun 18 kippu as a JR rail pass to amanohashidate?

The Seishun 18 Kippu and JR Rail Pass are two completely different tickets. The Seishun 18 Kippu is valid on local and rapid trains (but not limited express trains) from Kyoto as far as Fukuchiyama, but the remaining journey to Amanohashidate is not JR and not covered by the Seishun 18 Kippu. The additional cost is 740 yen one way by local train.

The one way train journey by non-express trains between Kyoto and Amanohashidate takes about 3.5 hours and typically involves 3 transfers of trains along the way.

Basics about the Seishun 18 Kippu:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2362.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread