Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

1 Day trip to Kinosaki 2011/8/18 18:06
Hello,

I plan to spend One day at Kinosaki, but what do they have besides the plesant town ?

What can i do there during this Summer weather ?

is it recommended to try their Onsen?

Thank you

by Sheren (guest)  

RE: your questions 2011/8/18 23:56
I plan to spend One day at Kinosaki

Does that mean you will not have time to stay overnight in a hot spring inn? Hmm.... Some spas are ready for footbath. Some have an outdoor bath (http://www.kinosaki-spa.gr.jp/english/sotoyu/sotoyumap.html). So I think you will still have a chance to try onsen.

is it recommended to try their Onsen?

I suppose skipping hot spring in Kinosaki is like skipping French food in Paris. Yes, it is recommended, unless you are allergic to ingredients of the water, which may include sodium chloride (known as the main ingredient of cooking salt) and potassium chloride.

What can i do there during this Summer weather ?

That depends on your itinerary and your interests. Showing your itinerary you might get more detailed comments.

To the west of Kinosakionsen Station # there is a ropeway with a gap of 200 meters in height. Two or three cars are running per hour in each direction. The ropeway is closed on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of every month except for holidays.

# Note: This station was renamed from "Kinosaki" in 2005.

To the north along Maruyama River is an aquarium Kinosaki Marine World. From the station it's about 10 minutes by bus. About two buses are running per hour.

The oriental stork sanctuary, which is mistakenly sorted under "Kinosaki Onsen" in this website, is actually located in another area of Toyooka (sounding like toyorker) City. No admission fee is required for this park. The last time I visited it I saw guides explaining in Japanese, but I am not sure there are guides who speak English now. From Toyooka Station it's about 15 minutes by bus, though buses are running not frequently.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3525.html

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread