Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Butler cafe in Akihabara 2011/8/31 18:00
Hi There,
Is there any good butler cafe in akihabara?
I and my friend is planning to go to maid cafe in akihabara, but, I also want to see butler cafe to see the difference in experience. I am female and going with a male friend of mine, so please suggest some nice butler cafes. For maid cafe I have zeroed in @home, is this ok? Since we will be in akihabara, I want to go to butler cafe in akihabara itself.
by S (guest)  

Butlers Cafe 2011/9/1 15:56
There is a Butlers Cafe in Shibuya but the guys working are just average guys. Seems to work for Japanese ladies though.

by BobTheButcher (guest) rate this post as useful

Is there any in Akihabara? 2011/9/1 17:10
Hi Bob,
Thanks for your reply.
Is there any good one in Akihabara?
What about host cafe? Is it similar to bulter cafe?
Is there any good host cafe in Akihabara to go at day time?
Regards,
S
by Shilpa (guest) rate this post as useful

not Akiba... 2011/9/1 17:45
The two butler cafes I know of are in Ikebukuro and require advance reservation. The most famous one, Swallowtail, must be reserved a few weeks in advance and it can be difficult to catch an open time. The one mentioned above in Shibuya has western men acting as butlers, the two in Ikebukuro have a Japanese staff.

By host cafe, do you mean host club? Those are located in Kabuki-cho, Shinjuku, and very different than a butler cafe (there is currently a thread in entertainment about host clubs).

I've heard that there is a 男装 butler cafe in Akiba, which is women pretending to be male butlers, but I do not know the name of it or any more information. Try googling 執事カフェ秋葉原 (shitsuji cafe akihabara) to find butler cafes in that area, if there are any.
by vita (guest) rate this post as useful

Butlers and maids 2011/9/4 17:51
Too bad that the Japanese, along with some North Americans, don't understand what butler and maids really are.

A butler is not a waiter. He is in charge of the staff in the home of a rich upper class family that has a big house and many household staff.
He serves the food to the owner and his family because he can be trusted to never ever repeat what they talk about during meals.. He doesn't clean or cook.

A maid is not a waitress. She works in a private house. If it is a big house she will be one of several maids. Some do cleaning only, others only help the ladies of the house dress and undress.

If she works for a middle class family, not a rich upper class one, she will do some light cleaning, like making beds, and will serve food in the dining room (a cook will prepare the meals)

Maids and butlers wear formal uniforms. No maid in France, by the way, would agree to wear a sexy uniform! she would sue a boss if he asked her to.
by Red frog (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread