Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

(Un)dress Code for Mixed Bathing? 2011/9/11 21:14
Hi Guys!

Read that some onsen resorts in Gifu area with rotenburo are exposed to public view. What is the dress code while bathing here? What about bathing in mixed bathing rotenburo?

Mel
by Melanie Putra  

... 2011/9/11 23:27
It depends on the rules of the specific bath, and some baths are quite picky.

In many mixed baths (outdoor or not), it is accepted for women to wrap themselves in large towels. But there are some traditional places that strictly forbid this practice. Yet some other places will provide some kind of robes to put on in the mixed area.

It depends on the specific bath and I recommend to inquire about the rule if in question.
by Uji rate this post as useful

.. 2011/9/12 01:42
Wokay.. Thanks!

Mel
by Melanie Putra rate this post as useful

mixed bathing great in theory. 2011/9/12 09:59
Mixed bathing can sound better than it is in practice.
In Renge Onsen I was so keen to go to the rotenburo... but a large group of beer drinking ojisan turned me right off. I was not at all comfortable with the idea of being in a rotenburo with them naked. My husband much less so!
I got up at 4.30am instead and had the rotenburo to myself.
by girltokyo (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2011/9/12 10:15
I agree. Mixed baths - when they are actually mixed (women rarely venture there) - tend to come with a strange atmosphere or robes that make the bathing experience less enjoyable. But it is personal preference.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Interesting 2011/9/22 06:18
haha that is quite interesting.
But i suppose if you pictured the same thing in any other country..the results would be quite the same.

Lack of younger females.
High Number of Men and oldies :P
by MattBAus rate this post as useful

I'm picturing... 2011/9/22 13:43
...the nudist beach scene in "Eurotrip" - one girl per 100 guys.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread