Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Yahoo mail - can't log in from Japan 2011/10/6 06:06
Hello!

I just arrived in Japan, and when I wanted to check my mail it says "Invalid ID or password." I tried to log in with all three accounts that I have and it isn't working. But I can log in just fine into Yahoo messenger, with the same IDs. Also all my other accounts on various websites are working fine.

And, I didn't forgot my password and didn't do any mistakes.

I asked my brother who is in my country to try and log in my accounts and it's working there, so it's not a yahoo problem.

Does this has something to do with being in Japan? What can I do to read my mail!?
by Cristina (guest)  

Just a few things that come to mind... 2011/10/6 10:22
Could it be that you are now using Japanese keyboard, which is a bit different from the European/US keyboard (positions of some of the symbols and stuff)? Or maybe some cookie is blocked? Are you possibly starting from Yahoo! Japan top page instead of Yahoo! page?
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Yahoo mail - can't log in from Japan 2011/10/6 10:48
No, I brought my own laptop. And I tried to log in from both Yahoo US and Japan.
by Cristina (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yahoo mail - can't log in from Japan 2011/10/6 11:46
Ask Yahoo.
by snooch (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yahoo mail - can't log in from Japan 2011/10/6 12:18
I had problems previously with their e-mails and they never answered...
by Cristina (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yahoo mail - can't log in from Japan 2011/10/6 13:26
Not sure what the problem might be, make sure you are using the mail.yahoo.com domain not the .jp japanese domain.

Personally, I never have any problems accessing my yahoo account (non Japanese one).
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread