Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto temple light ups in November 2011/10/10 16:54
I'm in the last lap of planning my kyoto trip and I'm looking for information on the temple light ups. Where can i get the information please? i tried googling but got outdated information. and my guide books say the temples all close at 4-5pm
Would anyone be able to recomend some spots for the autum light ups
If possible is there a site i can refer to?

Thanks.
by happyshirt  

Re: Kyoto temple light ups in November 2011/10/10 17:41
I personally particularly like Eikando and Kodaiji, although they are crowded. The dates for this year can be viewed here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3953.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2011/10/10 18:57
We went last year and as Uji said thoroughly enjoyed Eikando and Kodaiji. We waited one hour in the queue to enter Eikando but it was well worth the wait.

Also, Kiyomizudera is pretty impressive too at night time.

Try and browse through last year's (and previous) Kyoto Koyo reports to get some idea of which ones you might enjoy.
http://www.japan-guide.com/blog/koyo10/

Enjoy your trip!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto temple light ups in November 2011/10/10 19:07
Thanks for the replies folks. I think i wanna go all :) i'll have to really drill into which ones to go. They all look so beautiful
Since i'm going to have to be queueing up at night i think i should bring a thicker coat right?
by happyshirt rate this post as useful

... 2011/10/11 08:05
You can group a few of them together too. For example you could easily do Kiyomizudera and Kodaiji in one night as they are basically next to each other.

Yes a thicker coat might be useful.
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto temple light ups in November 2011/11/26 22:01
Ask to the guest-houses!

But I answer as I know right now.
On friday I walked up mountains of East-side of KYOTO.
Kiyomizu-dera Temple was not so beautiful.
It has less KAEDE tree than Sakura/cherry trees. Alas cherry leaves had gone already.

My best recommendation is Shogun-zuka/Dainichi-do garden 500yen/person.
But unless you are good hiker you must pay some big money to cab-driver from Westin-Miyako-Hotel.

Anyway, on the east end side of MaruyamaPark around the statue of 2 last-SAMURAIs (Ryoma and Nakaoka) you can see the quite beautiful leaves and dawn only if you reach there 3;40pm
by 36madcooky rate this post as useful

reply to this thread