Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mt Mitake vs Mt Takao 2011/10/10 17:48
I will be visiting Tokyo for a week in late November. I have been to Japan many times before and this time I am hoping to do something new to me each day.

I see from this site that both mountains are easily accessible for a day trip...but if you had only 6 days for adventures would you plan for both or just one?

Kamakura and the Imperial palace (I have booked) are also on my to do list.

When in Japan I like to see Autumn leaves, gardens temple and shop.
by Jojo (guest)  

Re: Mt Mitake vs Mt Takao 2011/10/10 18:51
For late November I recommend Takaosan, because you might still be able to see some colors there, while on Mitakesan most colors will probably have gone by then.

I wouldn't visit both unless you have a special interest in these types of temple mountains.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Mt Mitake vs Mt Takao 2011/10/10 20:59
Thanks very much Uji, no more wondering about it for me then- you are like the GURU of all things Japan!
by Jojo (guest) rate this post as useful

Mt Takao Cale Car 2011/10/10 23:17
Also, the Mt. Takao Cable Car is the steepest in Japan. And if you are interested in history, the nearby Imperial Mausoleum (Tama Goryo) has the large graves of two emperors and their wives, Showa (known to westerners as Hirohito) and Taisho.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

reply to this thread