Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nikko Autumn Foliage 2011/10/13 17:08
I scheduled to be in Nikko on 29 October. From Schauwecker's report filed on 12 October, I noticed the autumn foliage in Ryuzu Falls was at its peak. Will it be over by the time I arrive? Do you think I should concentrate in the Shrines area and venture up to Lake Chuzenji and not beyond that?
by Tan Hock (guest)  

Re: Nikko Autumn Foliage 2011/10/14 14:12
I noticed the autumn foliage in Ryuzu Falls was at its peak. Will it be over by the time I arrive?

It will definitely be over around the Ryuzu Falls. But around the lake and the Irohazaka winding road there might still be some colors left. It is difficult to judge now. This is how it looked last year in late October (so far the timing between this and last year has been quite similar):
http://www.japan-guide.com/blog/koyo10/101027_nikko.html

Do you think I should concentrate in the Shrines area and venture up to Lake Chuzenji and not beyond that?

Beyond Lake Chuzenjiko the season will be beyond the peak. I personally like the Senjogahara region even after the peak of the colors, but if you go there for mainly the colors, I think you should not go beyond the lake.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Nikko Autumn Foliage 2014/4/22 13:42
Projections for foliage between October 13 and 17? Would it be fun/interesting or stressful to be in Nikko during this year's fall festival on Oct 17? Thank you
by K (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread