Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Inari Matsuri Festival 2012 2011/10/30 08:23
We will be in Kyoto in early - mid April 2012, we haven't confirmed the dates yet and I want to include the Inari Matsuri festival if possible. I can't find anywhere in English that has the 2012 dates and from previous years it seems to vary a bit from year to year. Does anyone know what date it will be held in 2012?
by pacifictonz  

Re: Inari Matsuri Festival 2012 2011/10/30 10:07
The kami is taken out of the shrine on the Sunday closest to April 20. So, in 2012 that will take place on April 22. The kami will be brought back to the shrine on May 3 (this date is always the same). In between these dates, there are processions in the neighborhoods around the shrine.

Since I am not familiar with the festival, I am not sure on what day there will be anything interesting to see for tourists.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Inari Matsuri Festival 2012 2011/10/31 17:35
Thank you for the information. Unfortunately we will miss it on this visit as we will fly home by then.

Thanks
by pacifictonz rate this post as useful

reply to this thread