Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Timetable for Twilight Express 2011/10/31 23:52
Hi everyone,

Long time reader, first one poster here. A couple of friends and I are planning to visit Japan at the end of the year. Some of us are considering taking the twilight express from Kyoto to Sapporo, departing on the 30th Dec.

I understand that the service may not run everyday, so I would like to know if there is any way to know of its schedule at around that time?

Because of hotel bookings, we may catch a flight instead if we are not able to catch the express.

Thanks in advance!

David
by mini ghost  

Re: Timetable for Twilight Express 2011/11/1 09:56
The train runs everyday during the New Year holidays (from December 21 to January 4 in direction of Sapporo; from December 22 to January 5 in direction of Osaka). Outside these holidays, it runs on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays in direction of Sapporo and on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays in direction of Osaka.

I recommend to try to make reservations as soon as they go on sale on November 30 at 10:00:00am, because I think the train will book out quickly.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Timetable for Twilight Express 2011/11/1 11:46
@Uji: Thanks a ton!
Thanks for the advice. However, I won't be in Japan until 19th Dec. Would my best bet be asking someone in Japan to purchase the ticket for me rather than risking it? I seem to remember from other questions on twilight express, that tickets can only be purchased at JR stations and/or Japan travel agencies.
by mini ghost rate this post as useful

Re: Timetable for Twilight Express 2011/11/3 08:13
That is certainly recommended if you have a friend in Japan who would be willing to do that for you.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread