Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fukuoka to Kumamoto Castle 2011/11/9 16:06
hi is it possible to do a day trip from fukuoka to Kumamoto and visit the Kumamoto Castle? how long will it takes to travel from fukuoka to Kumamoto by train?
thanks
by beeism  

Re: Fukuoka to Kumamoto Castle 2011/11/9 17:09
Yes, you could even do it in a half day trip. It is explained here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4503.html?aFROM=2161_4500
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Fukuoka to Kumamoto Castle 2011/11/9 17:19
I assume you mean Fukuoka on Kyushu? Then the fastest way by Shinkansen from Hakata station to Kumamoto station is 38 minutes and cost around 4,800 Yen one way. Via regular train you are looking at around two hours and about 2,000 Yen one way. You can then take a tram/street car to the castle from outside the station, it takes about 10 minutes and is 150 Yen one way.
by RobBeer (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fukuoka to Kumamoto Castle 2011/11/10 01:24
Thank you all. If i want to go to the Former Hosokawa Residence (Gyobutei), will it be nearer to stop at Kami-Kumamoto station? is it a walking distance from Kami-Kumamoto station to Gyobutei? It said on the website Admission:300 yen (Gyobutei only), 640 yen (Gyobutei and castle), may i check the castle refer to Kumamoto castle? If i visit the acstle first then the Gyobutei? do you know if i can still get the discount?

thanks much.
by beeism rate this post as useful

Re: Fukuoka to Kumamoto Castle 2011/11/10 06:24
If i want to go to the Former Hosokawa Residence (Gyobutei), will it be nearer to stop at Kami-Kumamoto station?

Yes, it is somewhat closer, but the shinkansen does not stop there.

is it a walking distance from Kami-Kumamoto station to Gyobutei?

Yes, about 30 minutes.

It said on the website Admission:300 yen (Gyobutei only), 640 yen (Gyobutei and castle), may i check the castle refer to Kumamoto castle?

Yes, it does.

If i visit the acstle first then the Gyobutei? do you know if i can still get the discount?

I think that the discount ticket is also available at the castle. But if you buy the regular castle ticket, it is unlikely that you will be able to get the discount at the residence afterwards.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread