Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takuhaibin from Kansei to tokyo in same day 2011/11/15 15:15
Hi Guys

We arrive in Osaka at around 4:00pm then heading straight for Tokyo, we're thinking of using JAL ABC to deliver the bags to our hotel in Tokyo to make it easier for us to move around.

Does anyone know if there is a rough delivery schedule for takuhaibin's? (ie. If we lodge the bags at JAL ABC Kansai at 5pm, will the bags be at the hotelby around 9-10pm when we arrive in Tokyo?) Is this possible or will it be more likely a next day delivery?

Thanks

by Shluugorgh (guest)  

Re: Takuhaibin from Kansei to tokyo in same day 2011/11/15 16:17
In order for your baggage to arrive in Tokyo by 10pm on the same day, it would have to be carried by bullet trains. So it is highly probabl that your baggage will arrive on the next day or later.
by V (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takuhaibin from Kansei to tokyo in same day 2011/11/15 16:29
As it is roughly 550kms from Osaka to Tokyo a delivery van would take at least 7-8 hours to make the trip, plus 2-4 hours from pick-up to delivery.
by Philip (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takuhaibin from Kansei to tokyo in same day 2011/11/15 22:39
Thanks guys. Looks like we have to look at other options then
by Shluugorgh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takuhaibin from Kansei to tokyo in same day 2011/11/16 04:07
Why don't you just pack a day's worth of clothes in a small carry-on and use the takuhaibin for your luggage? This is what I do when I travel to Japan since I hate lugging around my bags.
by kvnkd rate this post as useful

... 2011/11/16 13:21
If it was me I'd just carry my luggage.

I assume you have a JR Pass?

Catch an Haruka Express to Shin-Osaka.
Switch to the Shinkansen at Shin-Osaka and just place your luggage behind the last seats in the Shinkansen carriage.

It is not too far to transfer at Shin-Osaka and it is well signed. At that time of day you will probably have 20-30 minutes to transfer which is plenty. You can book and collect seat allocations for both Shinkansen and Haruka at the JR Office at Kansai Airport.

Depending on where you are staying in Tokyo, either leave the Shinkansen at Shinagawa station or Tokyo station and then catch a local train/taxi to wherever you need to go. By the time you arrive in Tokyo (9pm) you should be ok on the local trains there.

Which hotel are you staying at?

Alternatively, do as kvnkd suggested.

Enjoy your trip!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: Takuhaibin from Kansei to tokyo in same day 2011/11/17 14:32
@kvnkd

Yeah, thats one option we're looking at :)

@GC3

We're still at the planning stage, so not much is set in stone. Not sure whether to get a JR pass yet since we havent crunched the numbers

By the time we leave customs (almost 5ish), we'll be tight on making the connection from haruka to the shinkansen (about 10mins according to Hyperdia), but thanks for letting us know that there's a JR Office at the airport, we can sort out the shinkansen tickets there.

Not sure where we're staying yet...but I'm sure we'll sort it out.

Thanks for the responses guys
by Shluugorgh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread