Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to get to Okayama's Keikaen Garden? 2011/12/5 14:18
According to the little information I could find about how to get there without a car, information I found suggests you can walk there from Fukuwatari Station in just 25 minutes but I'm sceptical... That seems rather close in comparison to the distance from the station on the map (based solely on my perception, mind you...)

Can it really be reached so quickly on foot?

Are there buses that go there?
If I need a taxi, any idea how much it would cost to get there?

Any help is appreciated!
by Ravi (guest)  

Re: How to get to Okayama's Keikaen Garden? 2011/12/5 17:46
Kei-ka-en[Œc‰Ø‰€]

walk
http://g.co/maps/w6f9a

taxi ; around 750YEN/10min
by N2B (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to get to Okayama's Keikaen Garden? 2011/12/5 21:09
I believe you can also use the tram to get there. The garden is just just opposite the castle site.
by Feiniao rate this post as useful

Re: How to get to Okayama's Keikaen Garden? 2011/12/5 22:25
The tram terminal is right in front of the train station. Take a tram marked HIGASHIYAMA, get off at SHIROSHITA (the 3rd stop). Walk straight ahead for 4 or 5 minutes.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: How to get to Okayama's Keikaen Garden? 2011/12/5 23:56
Feiniao and Dick H: You are talking about Korakuen, the "Top 3 Garden", but Keikaen is a different Okayama garden located in the northernmost part of the city (Takebe district).
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: How to get to Okayama's Keikaen Garden? 2011/12/6 02:29
Hmmm. I didn't know about it. Perhaps you can tell him how to get there.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: How to get to Okayama's Keikaen Garden? 2011/12/6 04:07
Dick H: N2B provided a good answer above. I didnt know about this garden either. Looks like a fun place to visit next time I am near :)
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

reply to this thread