Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Jozankei ski and onsen 2011/12/6 01:14
Hi, I am planning to go Jozankei on 23 Dec. I planned to go walk around the hot spring town in the morning and go for skiing at Kokusai Ski resort for half a day then return for an onsen.

My questions are as follow:
1. Is the bus going for Jonzankei hotspring town same as the bus going to the ski resort?

2. I understand that I can buy a day package for Jotesu package which includes round trip and a bath ticket at 1800yen. The Kokusai website also offers a package for 4800(round trip plus lift ticket). Are they the same bus? Which one should I purchase?

3. Lastly, how do i get from the hotspring town to the resort? How much?

Thanks in advance.

by Ming79  

Re: Jozankei ski and onsen 2011/12/6 11:26
Is the bus going for Jonzankei hotspring town same as the bus going to the ski resort?

The buses between Sapporo and Sapporo Kokusai pass Jozankei along the way.

I understand that I can buy a day package for Jotesu package which includes round trip and a bath ticket at 1800yen. The Kokusai website also offers a package for 4800(round trip plus lift ticket). Are they the same bus?

No, the Sapporo-Sapporo-Kokusai bus line is different from the Sapporo-Jozankei bus line. I am not sure whether the 1800 yen package can also be used on the Sapporo-Sapporo-Kokusai buses, but I doubt it, especially if it is not a Jotetsu Bus (some of the buses are Jotetsu Buses, though).

Which one should I purchase?

I don't think that the 4800 yen package allows you to get off the bus at Jozankei along the way, but I am not 100% sure.

Lastly, how do i get from the hotspring town to the resort? How much?

By the above discussed bus line. The one way fare from Jozankei to the ski resort is 610 yen.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Jozankei ski and onsen 2011/12/6 18:24
Thanks. Think I will check it out when I reach Sapporo.

By the way where can I get a map of Jozankei showing the attractions? The official website doesn't provide one.
by Ming79 rate this post as useful

Re: Jozankei ski and onsen 2011/12/6 18:30
Here is a map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=42.964745,141.161463&spn=0.006352...

What attractions of Jozankei are you looking for? There aren't too many.

Re: Jozankei ski and onsen 2011/12/14 01:04
By the way I realised that 23 Dec is Emperor's Birthday and is a holiday.

Is the bus to jozankei in operation?

How about the onsen? Are they open?

Thanks in advance.
by Ming79 rate this post as useful

Re: Jozankei ski and onsen 2011/12/14 08:40
Yes, public holidays are the days when ordinary people have time to take holidays and travel. Consequently all the tourist facilities are open and buses are running. The only public holiday that is somewhat different is January 1.

reply to this thread