Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Convert Australian license to Japanese 2012/1/2 16:41
Hi guys, i've a question. As i'll be going to Japan for University in March 2012, i'm interested in converting my driving license to a Japanese one. Here's the scenario, i've obtained a Singaporean driving license in feb 2011, but have stay in Australia till Oct 2011. in Sept 2011 i had gotten an Australian driving license. And since i've been back from Oct 2011 and will be in Singapore until Mach 2012, As one is required to be in the country for at least 3 months after issued of the license, whereby in this case my singapore license has qualified right?, however the question is can i use my Australian driving license instead to convert to a Japanese license without taking the written and practical test?
by Terence (guest)  

Re: Convert Australian license to Japanese 2012/1/2 19:54
As one is required to be in the country for at least 3 months after issued of the license, whereby in this case my singapore license has qualified right?

Yes, September to March is more than 3 months.

however the question is can i use my Australian driving license instead to convert to a Japanese license without taking the written and practical test?

No, you did not stay in Australia for more than 3 months after getting the Australian license.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread