Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Eizan Cablecar and Eizan Ropeway 2012/1/2 23:39
Hi,
I will go to Osaka in Janauary 2012.
1. Can I use Kansai thru pass for Eizan Cablecar and Eizan Ropeway?
2. Is it worth using two day Kansai thru pass for 2 day trip from kyoto station to Ohara (overnight), Kurama, Mount Hieizan and back to Kyoto station?
3. Does Eizan Cablecar and Eizan Ropeway operate in January?
4. Does the bus from the summit of Hieizan to Todo area operate operate in January?

Thank you.
by Su-achanee Saengchote (guest)  

Re: Eizan Cablecar and Eizan Ropeway 2012/1/3 09:08
Can I use Kansai thru pass for Eizan Cablecar and Eizan Ropeway?

No and no. It is not covered. But the approach via Sakamoto on the other side of the mountain is covered. Also, I think that the bus from Kyoto to Hieizan is covered. See here:
http://www.surutto.com/conts/ticket/3dayeng/images/en-map.pdf

Is it worth using two day Kansai thru pass for 2 day trip from kyoto station to Ohara (overnight), Kurama, Mount Hieizan and back to Kyoto station?

If you use it to go to Hieizan via Sakamoto, yes, I think it will be slightly cheaper than regular tickets. The approach by bus is a little bit cheaper than the approach by Sakamoto cable Car. I am not sure whether it would still pay off if you were to take the bus. You would have to make the calculations.

Does Eizan Cablecar and Eizan Ropeway operate in January?

No, it does not operate in winter. But the Sakamoto Cable Car does.

Does the bus from the summit of Hieizan to Todo area operate operate in January?

No. Here are the bus timetables in Japanese:
http://www.hieizan.gr.jp/accessnavi/images/pamphlet.pdf
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Eizan Cablecar and Eizan Ropeway 2012/1/4 18:51
) 3. Does Eizan Cablecar and Eizan Ropeway operate in January?
Not both. Only the way between SAKAMOTO - HIEIZAN is on their business.

) 4. Does the bus from the summit of Hieizan to Todo area operate operate in January?
mmmmm?? Im Kyotoz local but Ive never heard of TODO AREA.
Last January of 2011, I stayed on the top with my tent and ride the bus back to Kyoto departing 11am or so. It was tough to wait the bus on the morning surrounded by snow.

Today I went up to the mountain almost its summit on foot from SHU--GAKUIN-MICHI bus-stop (where number 5 , 31 KITA-8 stops)

If U R not a good hiker, I suggest U to ride JR Kosei-sen from Kyoto station to reach Sakamoto station. And walk to Keihan-Sakamoto station where you find the ROPEWAY.
by 36madcooky rate this post as useful

reply to this thread