Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Opening a postal account 2012/1/20 23:20
I want to open a postal account with JPBank (http://www.jp-bank.japanpost.jp/). How long do I have to wait to get the cash card? I have a 15-month visa, can I open a saving account?
by Vanessa (guest)  

Re: Opening a postal account 2012/1/21 12:15
At first, you must be a registered japanese citizen. Just like all other entities do within the jurisdiction
by racersdream rate this post as useful

Re: Opening a postal account 2012/1/21 12:58
It's said that it takes about a week to receive cash card. It will be sent to your address by registered mail.
Please consult with post office.

@racersdream
Does questioner need to be japanese citizen?
What she need is an alien registration.
I hear that it's easier to open an account with JP than to open an account with city banks.
by jtomi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Opening a postal account 2012/1/21 13:19
Thank you jtomi and racersdream!
I only have the alien card, can I open a saving account with that?
by Vanessa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Opening a postal account 2012/1/23 12:01
Sorry for late answer.
Probably you can open an account with it. Here is a guidance of a university for international students. See "Off Campus (3)"
http://www.hit-u.ac.jp/eng/ryugaku/newarrivals.html

I suppose it's more better to have a seal because many Japanese system needs it though post office don't require it.

CORRECTION 2012/1/23 15:18
Sorry.
Please see "Off Campus (4)" .
Don't see "Off Campus (3)" .

You can use postal saving card immediately, though other city banks don't allow.

Re: Opening a postal account 2012/1/23 15:22
Thank you very much for your answer! I'm going for the account on tuesday, hope it'll work out fine.
by Vanessa (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread