Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Wakakusa Yamayaki 2012/1/28 08:07
Does anybody know if it's going ahead today as scheduled? If so, has anyone been before that can recommend a good viewing spot(up close or far away)?

Thanks for your help.
by metz8318  

Re: Wakakusa Yamayaki 2012/1/28 08:40
I can't find any up-to-date information on the internet, but judging from the weather forecasts, I think it will be held today.

I watched it from far away. It is impressive from far away because you see the entire burning mountain in comparison to the city, but it felt like that the action was taking place far away from where I was. I believe that watching it close up from the very base of the hill is much more dramatic. So, I would recommend to see it from close up, but think that it depends on the person's preference and purpose. For example, I went to see it from afar specifically for taking photographs.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Wakakusa Yamayaki 2012/1/28 08:42
This blog entry, which was posted just a few minutes ago by NHK seems to confirm that it will be held today:
http://www.nhk.or.jp/michi-blog/100/107585.html

Re: Wakakusa Yamayaki 2012/1/28 13:22
U can see the paronamic view of Yamayaki from the top roof of Nara family shopping mall and Heijo Palace Site.
by v (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Wakakusa Yamayaki 2012/1/29 12:51
Nara family shopping mall

That's where I viewed it from in order to take photos from the distance.

Re: Wakakusa Yamayaki 2012/1/29 13:16
Thanks for the advice. Just to update,(for those going in the future) it was a nice event. I decided to view it from the hill, up-close. There was a good atmosphere there and even though there were many people, there was plenty of space. There were actually good views of the top of the hill throughout Nara park. You can probably take more spectacular photos from further away, but if you're only going to be there once, I'd recommend heading to the hill itself.
by metz8318 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread