Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Coin locker at Nijo station 2012/2/5 06:08
Are there any coin lockers at Nijo station in Kyoto? If yes, how large it is?
Thank you.
by mu (guest)  

... 2012/2/5 20:00
This page for JR Nijo Station says that there are coin lockers available.
http://www.jr-odekake.net/eki/top.php?id=0610702

It is a reasonably large station so I would expect them to have the usual variety of sizes.

Enjoy your trip!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: Coin locker at Nijo station 2012/2/6 04:49
The following is the station layout of Nijo JR station showing the location of coin lockers. It is doubtful whether there are a lot and if any large locker is available as the station is not big.
http://www.jr-odekake.net/eki/premises.php?id=0610702

Are you using the station to go to Nijo Castle!? Note that it is more convenient to use the subway or bus. We too use JR as we were holding a rail pass but it turned out it was quite a long walk from JR Nijo station to the main entrance of the castle. After our visit we didn't want to walk back to the JR station and took the bus instead to get back to our hotel near Kyoto JR station.
by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Coin locker at Nijo station 2012/2/6 12:37
Thank you for the valuable information and recommendation.

We will stay nearby JR Nijo station. On the check-out date, we plan to traval in Kyoto before leaving for Arashiyama. But the guesthouse is closed for cleaning during 11am-4pm. If we leave our luggage here, we cannot pick up before 4pm. That's why we need the coin locker and need to ensure that it is big enough for ours.

Anywhere else around this area that we can leave our luggage?
by mu (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Coin locker at Nijo station 2012/2/6 13:07
That seems odd to me - I know that often you need to be out of your room when they are cleaning but I don't see why they can't keep your luggage. You did ask, right?

I've stayed in a couple of smaller inns and have always been able to leave and retrieve luggage at whatever time was convenient for me....
by Maranyc rate this post as useful

Re: Coin locker at Nijo station 2012/2/6 13:15
Like Maranyc said, it's a bit odd. We never have any problem leaving our bags and retrieve them later in the day at any hour.

Tell the guesthouse your problem and I'm sure they can make special arrangement to help.
by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Coin locker at Nijo station 2012/2/7 01:30
Yes, it is clearly noticed like that in the guesthouse website. They do recommend to leave the luggage at coin locker.

Anyway, I will try to re-arrange my travel plan to pick up the stuff suitably otherwise I will change the guesthouse. -.-'

Thank you to you all for your comments anyway.
by mu (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread