Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where does the Women Pilgrims Course end? 2012/2/13 11:50
I'll be visiting Koyasan in April, and I am thinking I would like to hike the Women Pilgrims Course. I wanted to ask, however, where the trail ends, as I would really like to take the traditional approach to Okunoin crossing Ichinohashi bridge. Does the hiking course allow me to do that, or does it carry hikers further past the bridge?
by Metal (guest)  

Re: Where does the Women Pilgrims Course end? 2012/2/13 14:13
The following map is highly accurate:
http://eng.shukubo.net/upfile/woman-pilgrims-route.pdf

The trail ends at the parking lot and Oknoin bus stop, i.e. the "modern entrance" to Okunoin, rather than at the Ichinohashi Bridge, the first bridge at the "traditional entrance".
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Where does the Women Pilgrims Course end? 2012/2/13 15:08
Wonderful, thank you!!

I was planning to take the traditional approach to Okunoin, arriving there just before close, and then following the modern route back in the dusk hours, as others have suggested, to enjoy the evening atmosphere. Should I take a quick bus ride back from the trail's end to the traditional approach and do this, or should I take the modern route in the daylight and return on the longer route in the evening?
by Metal (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where does the Women Pilgrims Course end? 2012/2/13 16:50
If you are a good walker, you can walk the additional kilometer along the road from the modern to the traditional entrance. Alternatively, it is a short bus ride.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread