Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyushu Rail Pass Northern Kyushu - Validity 2012/2/17 04:48
I have read the Kyushu Rail Pass details on this site:

http://shop.acprail.com/#/pass/kyushu_rail_pass/

and I'm a little bit confused whether I can travel between Hakata and Kumamoto by Shinkansen trains or not. First is written:

The Northern Kyushu Area Rail Pass is not valid on Shinkansen Tsubame trains

while in different place is written:

The All Kyushu Area Rail Pass can also be used for Kyushu Shinkansen "bullet" trains.

Explanation at japan-guide.com doesn't mention any restrictions about using bullet trains with Kyushu Rail Pass Northern Kyushu, however quoted conditions suggest that it is either not allowed to travel by Shinkansen at all or only Tsubame is not covered (Mizuho and Sakura still possible). Does anybody know how does it really works?

Thank you in advance for your answers.
by Aso (guest)  

Re: Kyushu Rail Pass Northern Kyushu - Validity 2012/2/17 10:45
and I'm a little bit confused whether I can travel between Hakata and Kumamoto by Shinkansen trains or not. First is written:

The Northern Kyushu Area Rail Pass is not valid on Shinkansen Tsubame trains

The particular page is not up-to-date. One year ago, the Kyushu Shinkansen was completed between Hakata and Shin-Yatsushiro. Since then, Tsubame trains (and the other trains along the Kyushu Shinkansen) run all the way from Hakata to Kagoshima. And since then, the Northern Kyushu Pass is valid on all shinkansen trains between Hakata and Kumamoto!
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread