Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kusansenri 2012/2/19 14:30
On my trip to Mt.Aso, After i visited Nakadake i'll take the bus down to Aso Station. If i stopped at Kusansenri, I'll have to wait for the next bus 1.5 hour later.

What's in Kusansenri?
Is Kusansenri worth the stop?
by Trescend  

Re: Kusansenri 2012/2/19 17:56
It is a grass plain. During some seasons there are small ponds in the plain. Outside of winter it is possible to do short horseback rides. Across the street there is a volcano museum (not much English) and some shops. Here are some basics:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4552.html

Google can provide you with lots more information and images about Kusasenri.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kusansenri 2012/2/19 23:32
Kusasenri is also the starting point for some hikes. You can walk up Mt. Eboshi, directly above the flat area, and Mt. Kishima, behind all the shops and restaurants. However, the last time I was there the trail up Kishima was closed for some reason. The Japanese like to stop in this area to view cows grazing and you can watch them take pictures of cattle. From the overlook along the road just above the parking lot you can look down on Komezuka-dake and the northern part of the caldera. The trail up Komezuka-dake is now also closed.
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kusansenri 2012/2/20 02:27
Assuming it is a reasonably clear day, can you get a decent look at Komezuka from the bus (that is, while riding the Kyusanko bus that runs from Aso Station to Aso-san Nishi Station)?
by Uma (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread