Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kojin Jigyo, need help on Aoiro Tax 2012/3/6 20:06
I don't have any other income besides my entertainment company and english teaching.

Its my first time to do taxes in japan.
I came here summer 2010, no income just lived on savings, so no report that year. and started company on january 2011.

I want to turn in my tax form this week, I finished up all the math today and have a few questions.

First of all, I made 2, 385,415 yen for the year.
Its including all sources of income, Teaching, working with clients, Birthday gifts, and things like Kodomo teate or jidou fuyo teate.

After all expenses for business deducted, my total income was: 752,555 yen.

On form B, there is the deduction, Standard 380,000
and 380,000 yen for dependent under 16 years old.

I put both and subtracted the deductions from my income and it came out to be like -7,445 yen.

Does that mean, I don't need to pay any taxes but won't get anything back either?

So, the taxable income is -7,445, but the form had three zeros pre-printed on the form, so I put -7,000...

and then ''tax imposed on taxable income'' would be 5% or -350 yen...

um, is this correct?

should i take off standard deduction and just put child deduction? Im working with negative numbers here...

Probably the birthday grifts and other money they wouldn't know about doesn't need to be included but those negative numbers will be higher then.

I did a test form first and will rewrite this information later. Any Suggestions please? Thank you.

by Clueless on tax (guest)  

Re: Kojin Jigyo, need help on Aoiro Tax 2012/3/6 22:44
On the quick glance it looks about right. With a taxable income of 752,555 yen, you really shouldn't be paying too much taxes.

I recommend to pack up all your documents and bring them to the local tax office. They will help you fill out everything correctly. The office should not be that crowded yet (as compared to the last week leading to the 15th). At least in my municipality they are very kind and helpful. In case your Japanese tax vocabulary is not that great, I recommend to go together with a Japanese speaker, if possible.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread