Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Kanto Area Pass 2012/3/9 04:01
I have a few questions about the JR Kanto Area Pass.

First off, just to make sure, it's still available this April right? It's not some kind of limited time offer that's already over, right?

Also, I read that using that pass, you can reserve seats at shinkansen without additional payment. Where can I make those reservations? And can the staff speak English, as I am not fluent in Japanese.

Lastly, how do you use the pass? Is it like the Seishun 18 Kippu where you have to pass through the manned-gate?

I really am confuse about this so please enlighten me.

Thank you very much.
by Joy (guest)  

Re: JR Kanto Area Pass 2012/3/9 14:12
it's still available this April right? It's not some kind of limited time offer that's already over, right?

Yes, it is available. It is not just a temporary or limited offer.

Also, I read that using that pass, you can reserve seats at shinkansen without additional payment. Where can I make those reservations?

At the JR ticket counters.

And can the staff speak English, as I am not fluent in Japanese.

They know enough to handle seat reservations.

Lastly, how do you use the pass? Is it like the Seishun 18 Kippu where you have to pass through the manned-gate?

Yes, you will have to pass through the manned gates.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: JR Kanto Area Pass 2012/3/9 14:21
Uji-san, thank you very much for your response.

When I buy the JR Kanto Area Pass in View Plaza at Shinjuku Station, can I make a shinkansen reservation there as well?

Also, can you buy a reserved seat the same day as your intended travel?

Thanks a lot! \(^o^)/
by Joy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Kanto Area Pass 2012/3/9 14:22
When I buy the JR Kanto Area Pass in View Plaza at Shinjuku Station, can I make a shinkansen reservation there as well?

Yes.

Also, can you buy a reserved seat the same day as your intended travel?

Yes.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: JR Kanto Area Pass 2012/3/9 14:25
Thanks for answering my questions. It really cleared my mind.

Thank you very much!(^∇^)
by Joy (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread