Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

White Pages 2004/9/11 18:59
Is there a Web Site which functions as a White Pages directory for Tokyo? I have found a Yellow Pages directory but no White Pages.
by James La Giglia  

white pages 2004/9/12 21:26
hello,
it seems like there is no such a thing as white pages in japan. I herad it's becuase they don't like to be listed on a book and a phone number is something personal.
I've been looking for an old special friend that i think lives still in Sapporo but I'm unable to find it.
I've been trying forever!
i hope we will soon find what we looking for.
by barbara rate this post as useful

... 2004/9/13 07:47
Of course, there are white pages in Japan. But I am not aware of an online version.
by Uji rate this post as useful

help 2006/5/31 16:49
hello! my name is gen and i live in the philippines. i have brothers and sisters in japan, but i don't know their phone number and even their address. i can't find an online directory of japan. pls help me, i've been looking for them for a long time already.

i would really appreciate your help...
by gen rate this post as useful

No online white pages 2006/5/31 17:18
Gen,

As Uji already wrote in the reply directly above yours, there is no online version of the telephone directory in Japan, and only a very small percentage of the population have their phone numbers in the paper version anyway.

Your other options include the following...
- Contact other relatives who might know.
- Contact the Philippine embassy in Japan.
- Contact Philippine associations in Japan.
- Hire a private detective.
- Contact a TV show that looks for lost relatives.
- Wait for your brother/sister to contact you.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

"411" line in Japan 2006/6/1 10:32
James, Gen,

There is a directory assistance number in Japan.

You can try asking a friend in Japan to dial for you (i don't think you can dial from overseas) - i believe the number is 104 when dialing from a cell phone in Japan.

it works, but you need to know the city where the person is living, and many people are unlisted.

Good luck!!

BTW, u can also try this private investigator company in tokyo (probably really expensive)

TEITAN TOKYO
email: tokyo@teitan.co.jp
TEL:03-3403-5151 
(from US dial +81-3-3403-5151)
by disco9000 rate this post as useful

white pages for Tokyo 2007/10/21 03:43
Hi, I just found :
http://www.hellotokyo.com/WP/lastNames.cfm
and saw your question regarding the white pages for Tokyo.
So, please find them
by Patrice - French rate this post as useful

Any website to look up phone number? 2010/11/25 16:53
I tried contacting my old friend in Japan via email and calling her cell phone without luck. I know her home address, full name and date of birth. Is there any online website for white pages?

Thanks in advance!
by Danette (guest) rate this post as useful

white pages 2010/11/25 17:02
A few more current white pages threads exist on this forum, so you may want to do a search. However, I think the case is that online directories are still pretty nonexistent in Japan. Your best bet would probably be to write her a letter since you have her home address.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread