Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

same-day luggage delivery narita to ueno? 2012/3/30 06:06
Hi folks,
I will be landing in Narita at 9.25 am local. It will be far to soon to check in at my hotel near Ueno station so I will be spending the day sightseeing. Can i assume my luggage will be delivered to my hotel on the same night of the arrival, since I'll be dropping it off at midmorning and it must be delivered within Tokyo city? I really want to keep as light as possible and i don't fancy carrying around a ful set of clothes and toiletries on tops of everything else...
thanks to you all who made my journey easier!!
by Ivana (guest)  

Re: same-day luggage delivery narita to ueno? 2012/3/30 08:23
Just go directly to your hotel with your luggage, they will look after it until you check in. Take the Keisei Skyliner direct from the airport to Keisei-Ueno station.
by RobBeer (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: same-day luggage delivery narita to ueno? 2012/3/30 14:45
I know that's an option, but I preferred to take N'ex & Suica package straight to Tokyo Central, spend the day around Ginza and the evening at Observation deck and Tokyo Tower.
From Keisei Ueno to my hotel I'd have to take a taxi and I'll be needing the Suica over the following days anyway.
by Ivana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: same-day luggage delivery narita to ueno? 2012/3/30 15:40
where is your hotel located?
by JK (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: same-day luggage delivery narita to ueno? 2012/3/30 15:48
It looks like such service you are looking for is available. If you check in your bag before noon, they will deliver it to the destination same day for abour 2,000 yen or less depending on the size.

http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/guide/service/list/svc_05.html#t1
by JK (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: same-day luggage delivery narita to ueno? 2012/3/30 17:04
the hotel is this: http://www.hvf.jp/eng/ueno.php
I thought I'd read somewhere that if I drop the bags before noon they would be delivered on the same day but i cannot find the actual info... not even on the page you linked :S
by Ivana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: same-day luggage delivery narita to ueno? 2012/3/30 18:18
As far as I know, the delivery services are for next-day delivery. And please note that Narita airport is not within Tokyo anyway.

You can go to Tokyo Station, then take JR Yamanote line to Okachimachi Station, then walk that 8 minutes to the hotel and drop off your baggage. That would be the simplest way.

Enjoy your visit!
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: same-day luggage delivery narita to ueno? 2012/3/30 19:00
Another alternative, if you do not want to go directly to the hotel, is to leave your luggage in a locker or at a left luggage office at Tokyo station and collect it on the way back in the evening.

Re: same-day luggage delivery narita to ueno? 2012/3/30 19:03
Here is a map of Tokyo station, there are lockers for large/extra large luggage available at several locations (white icon with blue key):

http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/stations/e1039.html

reply to this thread