Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mt. Takao 2012/4/6 16:48
Hello. I'm in Tokyo right now and plan on going to Mt. Takao on Monday. I was curious as to how long it takes to climb so that I know how early I need to get there in order to make it back to my hotel the same day. Thanks for your help.
by David (guest)  

Re: Mt. Takao 2012/4/7 05:47
i heard that there is a Mt Takao Young Leaves Festival
April 1 (Sun.) - May 27 (Sun.)
------
i went there last year, it took me about 3 hours to get to 5号路. 10am - 1pm

also check out this page
http://www.takaotozan.co.jp/takaotozan_eng1/course/index.htm

enjoy ..
by Ahamedos rate this post as useful

Re: Mt. Takao 2012/4/7 06:36
I took the cable car on the way up and it took me near an hour to reach the top.

I missed the cable car station on the way down and it took me about an hour to get back down.

I am not overweight but I don't exercise- maybe you'll be in a better condition than me to do it?
by Jojo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mt. Takao 2012/4/7 06:49
Thanks for your answers. I checked the website for Mt. Takao but I wanted to find out from someone who's actually climbed it. I'll probably go first thing in the morning then. Which trail is the best to climb as far as seeing the natural beauty of Japan?
by David (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mt. Takao 2012/4/7 08:43
As per the map colours.... We caught the cable car, then took the blue trail to the purple trail, then up to the top. On the way back down we took the red trail. The purple goes over a rope bridge and the trail isn't sealed. I liked it better than the busier red trail, which is a sealed road/pathway. Can't help with the lower trails, as we caught the chair lift down. We wandered around there for a few hours, including lunch. It was a leisurely morning. The estimated timed on the Takao website are good.
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread