Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo 2012/4/12 02:34
Hello,

Just finishing the details of my trip to Japan in July. From what I read here, Shinjuku and Shibuya are excellent neighborhoods to stay in, but I have the tendency to choose the Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo in Ikebukuro. This is because of the cost/benefit relation and the fact of being next to the Ikebukuro station that would facilitate our comings and goings.

Do you think it is fair? I know the location is good, but would this place be so rushed that I could regret?

Thanks.
by ashimoda  

Re: Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo 2012/4/12 11:38
The Metropolitan is not next to the station, but it's close. It is on the quieter side of the station, but almost every station in Tokyo is busy.
Here's the map.
http://dickh.zenfolio.com/img/s3/v40/p813777842-5.jpg
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo 2012/4/12 11:43
Some of my acquaintances use this one in Ikebukuro, so I've been there, and I find the neighborhood nice and not too busy. You could say it's "quite close" to the station :) From the JR station, you could use the escalator up to the street level, and walk over in a few minutes (or the airport limousine bus from/to Narita stops there too, even though the service is not that frequent).
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread