Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto Trip (Kyoto Imperial Palace) 2012/4/12 04:06
Hi,
I will be travelling alone to Japan in November.

Since I'am alone, can I still book a slot for Kyoto Imperial Palace tour online? Or is it only for group traveler?

Thank you.
by aqilah86  

Re: Kyoto Trip (Kyoto Imperial Palace) 2012/4/12 08:07
Yes, you can join the tours as a single traveler!
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Trip (Kyoto Imperial Palace) 2012/4/12 15:23
That's a great news!!
Thank you very much Uji ^^

Uhmm..I'm using Hyperdia to estimate my travel time. What I saw was that some of the journey require transferring to a different line.
For example between Osaka to Kintetsunara will require a transfer at Tsuruhashi. The schedule look something like this:

Osaka(11.09AM)-Tsuruhashi(11.24AM)Osaka Loop Line
Tsuruhashi (11.28AM)-Kintetsunara(12.02PM)Kintetsu Nara Line Exp

If I understand correctly, I have 4 minutes to transfer from Osaka Loop Line to Kintetsu Nara Line.
Is the line located far apart/easy to find?
Do the schedules in Hyperdia already take time for average people to transfer into account?

Pardon me for asking a lot. This doubt suddenly occurred to me because it's quite embarrassing to admit, I have pretty bad sense of direction. Might as well take a possibility of getting lost in my itinerary.
My itinerary is still a mess by the way. T__T

Thank you in advance~~
by aqilah86 rate this post as useful

... 2012/4/12 15:53
Tsuruhashi (11.28AM)-Kintetsunara(12.02PM)Kintetsu Nara Line Exp

If I understand correctly, I have 4 minutes to transfer from Osaka Loop Line to Kintetsu Nara Line.
Is the line located far apart/easy to find?

Yes, you should be fine to transfer in this time frame.

Do the schedules in Hyperdia already take time for average people to transfer into account?

In general yes they do.

Also note that when using hyperdia an advanced tip is that you can click on "Interval Timetable" for the train and you can see all the other trains for the day that run for you.

In your example even if you miss the 11:28am train there is a rapid at 11:38am, then an express at 11:48am, a rapid at 11:55am, an express at 12:08pm, etc. so you won't be much later at all.

Note the rapids are slightly quicker than the normal express train too.

Enjoy your trip!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: 2012/4/12 23:20
Thank you so much GC3 for the assurance.

Roughly my itinerary will be Osaka-Kinosaki-Kyoto-Nara-Tokyo.

My major concern is the journey to/from Kinosaki since it's quite far.
I did like you advise, and found out that limited express train to/from kinosaki is not so frequent.
I will try my best to make my schedule as flexible as it can be.

And thank you again for your advice. ^^
by aqilah86 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread