Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Touts near Roppongi Stations 2012/4/18 03:49
Hi, I just wanted to ask if they're any touts/ aggressive solicitors nearby the Roppongi/ Roppongi Itchome stations. Like most people, I just really feel uncomfortable around them.
I know they're plenty of them in bar/ club area ( also wanna know if bars and club section is close to the stations as well) of Roppongi which is why I've avoided visiting there during my last trip. The reason why I'm planning to stop by in Roppongi is to visit the nice restaurants over there such as Pierre Gagnaire at the ANA hotel near the Roppongi Itchome station. Are the stations located in the nicer (tout free) of Roppongi? I'd appreciate the input. Thanks!
by rsxguy04  

Re: Touts near Roppongi Stations 2012/4/18 15:05
As I work in Roppongi itchome, I can definitely ensure you that there is not a single tout anywhere!

If you do not want to take my observation for granted, you might as well get out at Tameike-sanno metro station and walk 3 minutes to ANA Hotel as it is located between Roppongi itchome and Tameike-sanno.

As for Roppongi: Yes, there are loads of Nigerians who try to convinve you to visit their striptease clubs or some turks who desperately want to sell their Kebab.
But you do not have to worry to much - you will never feel uncomfortable/scared around them as even them are a lot nicer/friendlier in Japan as in other countries. (still a big nuisance though...especially if you are a white male in suit)

by Diggy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Touts near Roppongi Stations 2012/4/18 23:20
why don't they deport these annoying suckers anyway?
by d4452 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Touts near Roppongi Stations 2012/4/19 03:17
Roppongi's bar district is a bit special place. The authorities are ambivalent about what to do. In general, the police observe the non-intervention rule over civilian affairs unless upon request for help or if there is suspect of crime, which is difficult to testify.

Also, there is another, unspoken rule: let the gaijins handle the furyo gaijins, they are the same buch as they come to Roppongi town; it's their own business.

The Nigerian and Turkic (not necessarily Tukish) touts are not illegal immigrants per se but probably are married to Japanese locals (in real or in the documents) and have resident rights.

by Pongi Disliker (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread