Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hiraizumi 2012/4/29 14:23
I am planning to spend all day next Friday to visit Hiraizumi .

Will arrive at Hiraizumi Station around 9.30AM , and then by buses around the area.

Woudl I have ample time to visit Chusonji and Motsuji temples, and the 1.5 hour round-trip boat ride tour in Geibi Gorge ?

by liem (guest)  

Re: Hiraizumi 2012/4/29 14:55
Yes, a full day is enough to see the two temples and do the boat tour. I recommend to look up train connections to the Geibi Gorge and cruise departure hours in advance.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Hiraizumi 2012/4/29 16:35
Many thanks Uji san for a speedy reply.

I was not sure if there was a train from Hiraizumi to Geibikei Station without having to return to Ichinoseki Station.

I am planning to catch a bus, which also makes a 15 minute stop at Takkoku no Iwaya along the way, from Hiraizumi Station to the Genbikei Gorge,

Would appreciate your advice regarding the train,also the boat timetable if available.
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hiraizumi 2012/4/29 17:47
I was not sure if there was a train from Hiraizumi to Geibikei Station without having to return to Ichinoseki Station.

No.

I am planning to catch a bus, which also makes a 15 minute stop at Takkoku no Iwaya along the way, from Hiraizumi Station to the Genbikei Gorge

These buses are very infrequent. You will have to plan and execute your day carefully in order to pack everything into a single day.

And don't mistake the Genbikei with the Geibikei!

also the boat timetable if available.

The second table on the following page lists departure times during the various periods of the year:
http://www.machinet.jp/geibikanko/price.html
The cruise takes 90 minutes.

Re: Hiraizumi 2012/4/29 22:12
Uji san,

Thank you again for the information, especially for pointing out the 2 different gorges.
So very close to catch a wrong bus , could end up in ''the Genbikei Gorge''. My plan is to visit Geibikei for the boat ride.

I do not read Japanese ,could you please confirm if the link below is for the bus time table from Hiraizumi station to Geibikei ?

http://www.iwatekenkotsu.co.jp/rosen-jikoku/ichinoseki/hiraizumi/ichin...

Re: Hiraizumi 2012/4/29 22:24
Ujisan,

Could you please also advise if the link shows the bus stop location ? And what is 5/5 in red :
http://www.iwatekenkotsu.co.jp/rosen-jikoku/ichinoseki/hiraizumi/gw-ic...

I will be there on the 5th of May.

Re: Hiraizumi 2012/4/30 07:34
Yes, it is the timetable for the bus to Geibikei.

Because of the local festival, the bus stop will be moved on May 5. It will depart from the bus stop that includes げいび渓行 in its label.

I am wondering how busy the cruises get during Golden Week. I hope you will not encounter any waiting times.

reply to this thread