Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kamkura hiking trails footwear 2012/5/17 07:09
Hi

I have read that you need good footwear for the hiking trails in Kamkura, I have hiking boots but have limited space in my luggage so do not want to take them unless I really have to as this is the only time they would be used. I am taking my converse trainers but they are not exactly grippy, do you think they will suffice?

Thanks
by Ry (guest)  

Re: Kamkura hiking trails footwear 2012/5/17 08:07
The trails are marked, but you have to walk up/down steeper parts, some of which have rails to help you. Other less steep parts have hazards such as tree roots, etc. I don't generally use anything more than sports shoes unless it's been raining, which changes the whole requirement.
by Sandy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kamkura hiking trails footwear 2012/5/17 08:52
I visit Karmakura often and enjoy walking the trails, I walk in my normal sports shoes, as previous post mentioned, it is mainly tree roots, nothing too challenging, in fact many older senior citizens walk the trails as do younger persons running and exercising, you definately do not need heavy bush walking shoes, remember to take a bottle of water and snack as there is nothing up there other than great views and trees!...Barrie
by Barrieaw rate this post as useful

Re: Kamkura hiking trails footwear 2012/5/17 17:01
Brilliant thank you very much, skipping the heavy hiking boots will mean I will have more room in my suitcase for bringing back lots of cool stuff.
by Ry (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kamkura hiking trails footwear 2012/5/18 04:46
Personally I wouldn't walk in Converse because they are very flat and have very thin soles (much as I like them).

I recommend taking a look at Palladium boots/shoes - they're lightweight but very much more comfortable for off-road walking than Converse (which I find can be a bit wearing even for extended urban wear). I have worn Palladium stuff on and off for years and they're consistently the comfiest lightweight walking shoes I know.
by UK Traveller (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kamkura hiking trails footwear 2012/5/18 04:47
Oh I should add that Palladiums also look good as general urban wear. I even wear mine for work.
by UK Traveller (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread