Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan train unreserved seat 2012/5/23 23:31
I will be traveling from Osaka to Hiroshima, and want to stop for a while in Himeji. If I buy a ticket with no seat reservation from Osaka to Hiroshima, will my one ticket allow me to get off and sightsee in Himeji, then take a train later same day from Himeji to Hiroshima?
Many thanks.
by egs (guest)  

Re: Japan train unreserved seat 2012/5/24 07:23
I doubt it since you're taking different trains, wouldn't make sense for them to allow it. If you take the right trains, it probably won't cost too much more if you buy two separate tickets (Osaka to Himeji, then Himeji to Hiroshima). Also, you know Himeji castle is under heavy construction right? Hope that's not the main reason for stopping there...

Use Hyperdia.com to check train rates.
by Smithers rate this post as useful

Re: Japan train unreserved seat 2012/5/24 08:31
Base fare ticket: yes
Shinkansen supplement: no

In other words: you will have to buy two separate shinkansen supplement tickets (also known as limited express fee tickets). One from Osaka to Himeji and a second from Himeji to Hiroshima. But a single base fare ticket from Osaka to Hiroshima will let you make a stop over at Himeji.

Base fare and limited express fee are explained here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_001.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Japan train unreserved seat 2012/5/24 09:45
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread