Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Baseball tickets at Tokyo Dome 2012/5/24 18:22
Hi All,

We will be visiting Japan from Australia in July and would like to attend a Giants game at Tokyo Dome! Just wondering on the best way to get tickets for this (preferably the game on Friday 6th July vs. Tigers).

Found this website, does anybody know if they're reputable?

http://www.e-tix.jp/ticket_giants/en/ticket_pc_en.php

Thanks in advance for you help :)
by bwc86 (guest)  

Re: Baseball tickets at Tokyo Dome 2012/5/25 10:48
I waited till the day of the game and bought tickets from a machine in a convenience store (I believe Lawson). You may not want to wait until the day of the game, but an option could be to buy them when you first arrive in Japan. Of course, availability will likely fluctuate depending on the day/time and which opposing team.
by Smithers rate this post as useful

... 2012/5/25 11:53
We used e-tix to buy Suzuka Formula One tickets in 2010. They were one of the official suppliers linked from the Suzuka Circuit website. They were reliable and easy to deal with.

Enjoy the baseball!

by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: Baseball tickets at Tokyo Dome 2012/5/25 14:30
We used this service to purchase Tokyo Giants tickets last summer. We live in the USA, and purchased tickets online from home, and printed the tickets at home. We simply brought the printouts (with the barcodes) and they scanned them at the gate at the Tokyo Dome. This service was nice, since we could choose the exact seats we would be purchasing, and we could just get off the train/subway and walk straight to the gate. Quite convenient.

Unfortunately, when I looked at your preferred July 6 date, I wasn't able to find available tickets (it just says "OFF SALE OFFLINE). I could see other dates where tickets were available. I don't know if it is sold out, or what... Looks like it is the Hanshin Tigers, and I know that they are fierce rivals with the Giants.

Hope this helps!

Dale

by Oenophile Angler rate this post as useful

Re: Baseball tickets at Tokyo Dome 2012/5/25 19:13
Yes, most likely it's sold out for the Tigers game. It's the big rivalry there.

I've used the system and it works perfectly as stated above.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Baseball tickets at Tokyo Dome 2012/5/26 10:12
Thanks for your help guys! I've managed to get tickets for the game and we cannot wait! Appreciate your advice
Cheers :)
by bwc86 rate this post as useful

Re: Baseball tickets at Tokyo Dome 2012/5/26 12:01
Do Tigers fans release those balloons during the 7th inning stretch at away games? I heard they do at other parks, but not against the Giants at Tokyo Dome. Reason I ask is I'm going to a Swallows vs Tigers game at Jingu stadium in Shinjuku and was wondering if I'll get to see it.

Re: Baseball tickets at Tokyo Dome 2012/5/27 00:38
Smithers,
My last game was watching Swallows Vs. Tigers at Jingu Stadium and unfortunately the Tigers fans didn't release balloons. Besides, Carp do balloons better...

However, at the start of the 7th, the Swallows fans all stood up and did their umbrella dance :)
by Sano Izumi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Baseball tickets at Tokyo Dome 2012/5/27 04:18
@Sano Izumi,
lol, I've seen the umbrella dance on youtube. The fans look like they're having a lot of fun doing it. I was actually hoping to see both balloons and umbrellas. I wonder why the Tigers fans didn't do the balloons when you went? I wonder if they stopped doing it at away games altogether? What year did you go to that game? I found this 2008 blog post in which someone went to a Tigers/Swallows game at Jingu and they witnessed both baloons and umbrellas: http://blog.hinomaple.com/2008/10/13/japanese-baseball-hanshin-tigers-...

Also, why do you think Carp fans are better at doing the balloons? From the videos I've seen, it seems like Tigers fans do more of them. Aside from that the only difference I've seen is Carps do pink baloons while Tigers do all kinds of colors.

Thanks for your reply!

Re: Baseball tickets at Tokyo Dome 2012/5/27 20:31
The umbrella dance is especially strange Smithers, but it is very entertaining. It becomes even better when players such as Balentien and Milledge hit homers, because as foreign players, they do the dance too upon reaching home plate.
The game we went to was actually on the 4th of April this year, so it was fairly recent. The game ended 5-5, so there was plenty of umbrella dancing, but no noticeable balloon blowing :(
I think the main reason tigers fans don't celebrate with their balloons in Tokyo is perhaps due to a Jingu Stadium/Tokyo Dome rule (litter maybe?).
Having watched Giants Vs. Hanshin at the Dome in August 2010, and Swallows Vs.Tigers, I think you have made a great choice. Jingu has a lot of history and is a great outdoor stadium.

Personally, I'm a Carp fan, so I'm always going to say we do it better. The Hanshin celebration is very good though.
On a side note, I've always thought the release of thousands of balloons in unison as a home run celebration should be added to the 'three best views in Japan' list :)
by Sano Izumi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Baseball tickets at Tokyo Dome 2012/5/28 01:52
haha, okay thanks for the input. I actually saw the Carp beat the Giants a couple years ago at Tokyo Dome (first time going to a Japanese baseball game). The Carp fans were very into it and I enjoyed their presence (sat quite close to their outfield cheering section). I went in not really having a preference for either team, but by the end I found myself rooting for the carp as the cheering was contagious. I wanted to try watching a game at the other stadium in Tokyo this time, but I haven't ruled out going to a game in Hiroshima instead while I'm there for sightseeing. :)

I think it would be very memorable to see thousands of balloons being launched like that, especially after some beers. :)

Oh, do you know of any other teams with interesting celebrations? I've only heard of the balloons and umbrellas...

Re: Baseball tickets at Tokyo Dome 2012/6/5 11:30
Thanks for the link to my blog Smithers!

In case you are wondering, the balloons were stopped at the time of the swine flu outbreak in 2009. They wanted to prevent the germs from people being blown all over the stadium. Since then, it hasn't been restarted. They may still do it in Koshien, the Tiger's home stadium, but I can't confirm it.
by Dru (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Baseball tickets at Tokyo Dome 2012/6/5 12:52
Thanks for the update Dru. That's too bad if they still haven't restarted it. I've seen a lot of videos from the past two years of balloons being released at the Tiger's stadium, so I guess they're not as strict about it there.

reply to this thread